Great graphics, but totally impossible to shoot enemy when they fire back at you, machine gun style? Its impossible not to die?
Its fun untill they get on your sides. 360 aiming would be nice. The moaning gets annoying, but then again they are zombies, only so much they can say. Good game though.
Haven't finished the game, pretty fun but not as addictive as many claim it to be.
Here are some tips:
- Add the Thunder attribute to your weapon is very effective. If you don't have the crystals even level 2 would be much better than none.
- Add luck at the beginning. Since your attack is pretty much linked to your level comparative to the monster you're attacking, at the beginning I don't think strength matters much. Asides from the critical hits, luck also increases the drop rate which is essential throughout the game.
Having lots of luck means running through a few maps of slimes can give you 6-7 crystals and a couple stones, it also means better drops which you sell for money. (Having said that, I think I overdid my luck as by level 24 I had 106 points in luck, 100+ in strength, around 80-90 points in constitution and 60+ points in agility. This means I have 65% critical chance and also leads to my next tip.)
- How is it possible to have almost 400 points for you to distribute at level 24? (Truth is I had 350+ points at level 20) This is because I saved up my points until I got level 20. I did this for a few reasons which I will explain later. Anyway I only put points into the passive weapon skill which allowed me to swing faster. Right when I reached level 20 I had enough skill points to immediately max out the "Add all attributes" skill, which added a 50 points to each attribute when I was only level 20. This means adding 50x4=200 points to your attributes in one level.
This allowed me to train on monsters a few levels above my own easily and without needing to heal.
- How are you able to not have to heal? Scimitar + HP gain per hit. Adding on the level 10+ passive skill which increased my swing speed, I usually gained more HP than I lost even at level 24. This with the level 3 thunder attribute meant in a 1 on 1 battle, even with "bosses" of quests, I don't lose and I very seldom need to heal.
This is for a few reasons. Not adding on the final strike means you can swing continuously without that huge delay before the final strike which opens you up for attack. (This is my opinion only, of course you can add final strike if you wished.) I also have HP and SP regain per hit on almost all my items. This mean I add 20-30 HP per hit.
The luck which I suggested adding earlier means that you get loads of cash and items, and can easily afford to buy any +2 items you find in the stores and be able to buy stones to level them up. Since I don't ever need to heal, (and honestly even if I did need to heal I could just go to a weaker map and keep hitting monsters that don't inflict damage to regen my HP), I don't need to buy potions.
- Use medium regeneration potions so you don't have to wait for the HP to come back.
- Grinding at first is hard given my method, but eventually it gets a lot easier.
- To be able to finish a map easily, try to divide and conquer the monsters instead of having them all mob you at once. When in trouble, use hurricane, jump then slam down. (Repeat jumping and slamming down to weaken the mob, this works really well with thunder)
- Since you'll have lots of cash, get drop rate on your items at first, later move on to getting lots of critical hit chance and HP regeneration.
- Either wait for +2/+3 items to drop or buy them at stores when you see them, with an abundance of cash you don't need to worry about missing out on these items. +2/+3 items are much stronger and most of the time are better than the next tier items.
That's all I can think of for now. All in all pretty enjoyable game but I do admit its not for people who don't like to grind through levels.
Not a bad game!
When starting the game up, you hear real up beat music, with an epic melody.
You controll the menu system with the arrow keys and spacebar, which is simple and easy.
I though at the beginning when you select your stage, and weapon, there would be a fast rundown on the controlls, rather than have to read the description, that you wrote. Getting into the game now. Yess, it was fun for the first 2 minutes then the big enemys started to come in and it turned into a fun action game into a "be at the right place, right time" game.
You have no lives, when you die and you must choose your stage and weapon all over again when this happens.
I found it quiet hard at the beginning, and noticing at how many stages that I needed to complete I discovered that this game would get harder!
A few extra stars for the medals, graphics and sound though!
I dont see the point..!
We can all agree that a simple game, is a fun game because it dosent require much hard-thinking, like you would with a game like math-invaders. The layout of the game was sweet and simple.
So why make a simple game so complicated and hard?
This game relies on a large amount of LUCK,
The spaceships timelimit was roughly 3 secinds,
and many missions were extremely frustrating.
If you managed to comoplete the second level, its basically all down to trial and error, and once you have completed it, it seems very simple but unfillfulling and you remeber the 30 times you had to go back and repest the mission.
Work on the gameplay, otherwise this is not home-page material.
This probly has to be one of the best flash games that I have ever played in my entire life!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.